Oy. I’ve been writing posts and just not…posting them. Because I’m incredibly lazy. It’s outrageous.

To catch you up, I’m halfway through the third week at my new job. This is what I wrote after the first week:

Time flies when you start a new job. It was a nice first week and I’m feeling good about it. I got a teensy bit emotional on my first day because it really hit me that I’m not going back to my old company and that I won’t get to easily chat with my mom during the day (my mom worked for the same company, in case you didn’t know).

It’s been surprisingly easy to adjust to my new hours too. I am NOT a morning person so I used to mosey into the office around 8:30. Well, in my new job, the day starts at 7:30. I thought that it would kill me, but it’s actually been just fine and I can thank Bryce for a lot of the ease…he’s been completely taking care of Bea in the morning which is quite a relief. And my commute is shorter which makes me much happier than I thought it would.

Every day I get home, take Bea on a little walk and get started on dinner. We are finished eating by 6:30 and I don’t even know what to do with myself. So much time! It’s wonderful. 

Bryce has a few vacation days he has to use by the end of the month so he has every Friday off in June plus a few extra days. Which meant on Friday he was home and bored and watching an Anthony Bourdain marathon. It’s always great when Bryce watches Tony because he gets hungry for delicious food. So, when I arrived home that night, the counter was full of freshly made pasta, a plate of burrata, and a plate of truffles from Indulgence Chocolatiers. World’s greatest husband (and world’s fattest wife)! 

Saturday was the first South Shore Farmer’s Market of the year. We’ve made a vow to go early in the morning this year and we did, but I slightly regret it because the weather was crap and cleared up a couple hours later. That’s okay though because I got lunch with my friend (and former co-worker) Sara at Story Hill BKC afterward which was fun and delicious. Since I had been to the market that morning, I’d already had a morning bun and wasn’t too hungry for lunch. So I ordered the avocado toast which was actually quite large and delicious. Not your run of the mill avocado toast – this was two huge pieces of bread with lentil spread, avocados, cucumbers, radishes, olive oil, salt & pepper served alongside a little arugula salad. Holy yum. Oh, and I had a raspberry Italian soda because why not?! Thanks again for lunch, Sara. I owe you some more Noodles! 

Sunday was GARLIC FEST. You may remember from last year that, in my humble opinion, it is the world’s greatest little festival. I ate some yummy food and drank a few weird little cocktails. We took Beatrix out, but she was a little freaked I think because a giant festival just popped up on her street. She’s fine when we take here somewhere else – like the farmer’s market, for example. But when a giant group of people and tents and music show up on her street…it’s a little freaky. 

Anyway, at Garlic Fest I ate mushroom & garlic arancini from Black Sheep, asparagus, mushrooms & garlic from Blue Jacket (they had gnocchi but ran out very early), a spring roll from Meraki, garlic & chive cheese curds from Clock Shadow Creamery, garlic ice cream from Purple Door (somehow this was really good), and a couple of truffles from Indulgence Chocolatiers. I had sangria from Braise, a dirty hipster from Central Standard, and some kind of dill-ish cocktail from Bittercube. I couldn’t eat much else due to allergies or meat or places just running out of food. That’s okay, I still got my fill and had a good time.  
Alright, update time. I’m still enjoying my job and feeling like I really did make the right decision.

The new hours are starting to catch up with me a little bit. I’m just tired, but still doing pretty well with getting up and out the door in a timely manner. I must say, I feel the earlier mornings are worth it for longer evenings. Don’t get me wrong, I like my sleep in the morning, but that’s all I would do. Now I have more time to do…well, anything. It’s quite lovely.

Oh and my commute is glorious. I didn’t have to get gas for a week and a half, you guys. A WEEK AND A HALF!

Other than that not too much has been happening lately. Lots of making plans – family time, dinners with friends, baseball games, Summerfest, cabin weekend, so on and so forth. It should be a fun summer.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s