Bryce and I took a little time off of work Friday and went to a wine & chocolate class at Indulgence Chocolatiers. But first I left work at noon, scarfed down some jimmy john’s, took a nap, grabbed dinner at black sheep, and drank a cortado. It was a day of eating and sleeping, really.
I was alone for most of Valentine’s day because Bryce had a work commitment, but then he showed up at our door with two dozen roses. I found a good one, people. Then I made the below pictured deliciousness via Blue Apron. It’s a farro, squash, kale, pomegranate salad thing and it was great.
Anyway, back to the important things, wine and chocolate. The class was jam-packed and a blast! 5 chocolates & 5 wines including:
- Citrus Basil Truffle with 2013 Ross Andrew Celilo Pinot Gris
- Ginger Passion Fruit Caramel with 2014 Banyan Gewurztraminer
- Rose Pistachio Truffle with 2012 Borsao Tres Picos Garnacha
- Smoky Pomegranate Truffle with 2012 Ca’Del Sarto Ardente, Italy
- Raspberry Chipotle Pecan Bar with NV Shook Sparkling Shiraz, Australia
We bought the chocolate bar with sparkling shiraz and the bottle of pinot gris to take home. We like wine soooo…yep.
P.S. Definitely wrote this while watching SNL so there’s just not much to say. All of my favorite people in one show. It’s amazing.