Winter. It’s coming. Very, very soon. And just like with Autumn, I bring you my Winter to do list.
1. Have a Winter picnic (on a slightly warmer day).
2. Find an ornament to continue my family’s tradition of getting an ornament every year related to whatever big thing happened. This year will definitely be Beatrix related.
4. Concoct some pretty cold-weather cocktails like these.
5. Decorate gingerbread houses with my family.
6. Make latkes and drink champagne for Hanukkah — maybe have a few gentiles over to play dreidel with us.
7. Get a stocking for Beatrix and then spoil her rotten.
8. Update my cold weather accessories — scarf, gloves, and hat.
10. Celebrate New Year’s Eve at home with my little family, some delicious food, and a glass of bubbly.